Dienstag, 1. August 2017

Lightnin' Hopkins‎ - Broken Hearted Blues

Sam “Lightnin’” Hopkins has been called "the last of the Great Blues Singers" – a poetic, haunting and unforgettable country blues bard.

These are the 1950-52 recordings, produced and recorded by Bob Shad for  his "Sittin In With" and "Jax" labels.  A strong song selection with an excellent sound.













Tracklist:

1Hello Central
2Mary Contrary
3Bald Headed Woman
4One Kind Favor (See That My Grave Is Kept Clean)
5I Wonder Why
6Tap Dance Boogie
7Down To The River
8New Short-Haired Women
9Broken Hearted Blues
10New York Boogie
11Long Way From Texas
12Mad As I Can Be
13 I'm Beggin' You
14Why Did You Get Mad At Me?
15 Home In The Woods
16Praying Ground Blues
17 Back Home Boogie
18My Heart To Weep
19Everybody's Down On Me
20New Worried Life Blues
21I'll Never Forget The Day 

Lightnin' Hopkins‎ - Broken Hearted Blues 
(320 kbps, cover art included)

2 Kommentare:

muddyw123 hat gesagt…

Got this one already. Recommended for download! Nice compilation.

zero hat gesagt…

Thanks for your recommendation! Greetings!

Kommentar veröffentlichen